Saturday 21 November 2009

Creative Circle Blog Party

Welcome to the Creative Circle Blog Party!


The idea of this blog party is that several friends have posted at the same time about a project that they have done, and also include a link to the next person in the 'circle'. Then you, the reader, can have lots of fun following the trail and looking at some great projects. The circle started with Rinda, so if you get lost you can go back to the beginning here



My project is something crocheted. That sounds a bit like Mastermind - my chosen subject today is.....


I made this bag for carrying my Ipod around in. Often I am working around the house and I am not always wearing trousers with pockets in them, so I thought I would make this bag so that I can have music wherever I go.










I have never written any instructions for crochet before, so I hope you can understand this. I did a chain of 15, then dc (UK terms) into every c, starting with the second from hook, then repeated this each row until it was big enough to fold into three parts, the third part being a small flap. For the strap I did a chain as long as I wanted, then dc into each chain. Then sew together, add a button for decoration, some velcro for a fastening and there you are - portable music!

Now for the next blog in the circle, go on over and see what Lizzie has made. Have fun!!

16 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Great idea .....good for a mobile phone as well.

Sian said...

Now that's a clever idea..and it looks easy enough for even my crocheting level! Isn't the party great?

Cherry said...

What a wonderful idea and creation - great colour too. Have a great day. Hugs Cherry XXX

Amy said...

Oh Fiona - have you managed to do this project this week? What a great idea ... thanks for sharing it with us.

Lizzie said...

Very clever. I may need one of those! It would certainly keep me occupied for a couple of hours. Maybe the Christmas Present list might benefit too..

Tilly said...

I love this, what a doody idea, love the colour of the wool too, very me lol, Thanks for sharing xx

humel said...

Oh, it's lovely - and adaptable too - thanks for sharing :-)

DragonsLady said...

Cute idea. And your instructions were clear even here in the US. I guess we both speak the same in "crochet". Love the color, too.

Tracy said...

That is so cute, I havent crocheted for years, but may just try that

Maria Ontiveros said...

Fiona,
This is my first chance to take a proper look at everyone's post, and yours is perfect! Such a great idea for both experienced crocheters and those who are amateurs. . . and so timely for the holiday.
Thanks for participating in the blog party!!!
Rinda

SarahLP said...

Oh I wish I understood crochet! This is *adorable* - well done Fiona.

Becky said...

What a sweet pocket!

Heather said...

Fabtastic prject and so useful!! Thanks for sharing :-)

sharyncarlson said...

Oh this is so darn cute!I wish I had one in green for my i-pod! If only I knew how to crochet... Great project, Fiona!

Margi said...

very very klever and I am so making a few of them! Thank you much.

humel said...

Hi Fiona, just popped back to let you know that you won a surprise giveaway on my blog yesterday :-) Could you please drop me an email to let me have your details, so I can get your prize in the post? x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...