Monday 4 November 2013

Gratitude Journal

This year Bernice is again running An Attitude of Gratitude project for the month of November, you can find details of it here. I joined in a little last year, so have decided to add some pages for this year in the same book. I might not do a page for every day, but will do some. I am also recording three things to be grateful for each day on an app on my Ipad, this I am doing every day and will probably keep on doing after the end of the month, aiming to be more positive in my life.

Anyway I have done pages for the first three days. These first pages all use different techniques with Distress Inks.

Day 1 was Permission - this is something which is important for me at the moment, as I need to give myself permission to spend time on creative pursuits. I created the page using Distress Inks applied direct to the page then spritzed with water then used my brayer over the page.



Day 2: was Attitude. The TED talk also talked about awareness and authentic, I liked these words and thought they were also very relevant to me at the moment as my attitude to lots of things needs to change a bit and I am trying to always be positive. The background was created using Distress Inks and the block technique.


 Day 3 was Acceptance. To create this page I used Distress Inks directly onto the page, then spritzed them with water to make the inks run. I then doodled round some of the shapes that I saw in the background.



Bernice has again put a lot of effort into this free project, there is a quote, a Bible verse, an Inspiration and a technique and some journalling prompts each day. Why not go and check it out.

1 comment:

Bernice Hopper said...

Lovely pages. Thanks for joining in again this year. I'm glad you've given yourself permission to play.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...