Wednesday 16 April 2014

A couple of books

I managed to read a couple of books on holiday last week.

The first was A Million Tears by Paul Henke

It is the first book in a series of books telling the Griffiths family story. It starts in Wales in a coal mining village in the 1890s. They decide, after a tragedy, to move to America and seek their fortune there. The book was good and it captured your attention. I shall have to get the rest of the series now.

The second book I read was for our book group this month - The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty.

This is the first book I have read by this author and I enjoyed it and it was a nice quick holiday read. Cecilia, marrried with 3 children, comes across a letter in the attic written by her husband with the words "to be opened in the event of my death". She opens it and her life spins never to be the same again. I can't say any more without ruining it for you. I found it gripping and enjoyed it. It sort of asks the question what would you do if you found such a letter?

So that has been my holiday reading, have you read anything good recently?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Both of these sounds very interesting. I've read several Christian fiction books this month and am getting ready to start another fiction Pulitzer Prize winner.

Maria Ontiveros said...

They both sound good. I just posted a couple of book reviews today.
Rinda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...