Wednesday 11 December 2013

A Pause in Advent



I am joining in again with A Pause in Advent over on Floss's blog, and coming a bit late to the party! But better late than never. This post will really be one and two combined and hopefully I will pick up again on Sunday with number 3.

I have been doing a Growth in Prayer and Reflective Living Course which is based on Ignatian Spirituality and am really enjoying it. It is making me reflect more and try out different ways of praying and of simply being with God. I wanted to share this song with you today as it really spoke to me when I heard it.

Come as you are, that's how I want you.
Come as your are, feel quite at home.
Close to my heart, loved and forgiven;
Come as you are, why stand alone?

No need to fear, love sets no limits.
No need to fear, love never ends.
Don't run away shamed and disheartened
Rest in my love, trust me again.

I came to call sinners, not just the virtuous.
I came to bring peace, not to condemn.
Each time you fail to live by my promise,
why do you think I'd love you the less?

Come as you are, that's how I love you.
Come as your are, trust me again.
Nothing can change the love that I bear you.
All will be well, just come as you are.


As we prepare this Advent season for the coming of Jesus let us also remember that He wants us to come to Him simply and plainly as we are, with no pretence. Let Christmas be a coming together of both us and Him.


5 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing that lovely poem! Advent blessings x

Floss said...

Thank you- that really is a very special song. It's great to have you with us again!

Floss said...

Thank you- those are really special words.

Floss said...

Thank you- that really is a very special song. It's great to have you with us again!

Kezzie said...

That is beautiful and so encouraging Fiona, thank you x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...