Tuesday 26 February 2013

A Pause in Lent - Wk 2



Running late again with my Pause for this week, but never mind.

The lines from William Ward's poem that spoke to me this week are:

Fast from pessimism, Feast on optimism.
Fast from negatives, Feast on affirmatives

I think it is all to easy to get stuck on the negatives in our lives and to become pessimist (at least I know I do), but our God is a great God, He has made many promises to us and He will keep them. So why not try this week and focus on the positive things in your life and to give thanks to God for them.

If you want to read some more Pauses in Lent pop over to Floss's Blog

3 comments:

magsmcc said...

Oh I even forgot about the Fast Feast theme this week! So obsessed am I with granny squares. I shall optimistically aim to be back on track this week- I look forward to lots of sunny anecdotes from your Land!

Unknown said...

Another timely reminder. Thank you Fiona - and you are one of the positives in my life.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I"m really enjoying these, even if I haven't been able to play along. It's nice to pause and think about the quotes.
Rinda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...