Wednesday 25 April 2012

A weekend away

Every weekend at the moment seems to have something going on. Last weekend I met up with my friend, Pauline from Aberdeen. We stayed at The Murraypark Hotel, Crieff - it was lovely. Good food, nice surroundings and good company.

On the Saturday we visited Karelia House Crafts. A real treasure house of different crafting materials - knitting, quilting, felting, stamping, scrapbooking. They also do yummy cakes and scones. So of course I just had to buy a little bit wool - well it would have been rude not to!!


I got a hank of a lace weight wool, 70%alpaca/20%silk/10%cashmere. It feels lovely and soft. What am I going to knit - well I have not actually decided that yet!!

This weekend is also busy - a certain son has a certain birthday - photos will be posted next week.

3 comments:

Floss said...

Hi - I'm glad you've had a nice time away. You're right it's a real shame my vintage map doesn't show Scotland. Think how wonderful the embroideries could have been! But the fact that it's all south of the border is surely why it waited for me, being ignored by all of those Edinburgh charity shoppers...

Unknown said...

Beautiful wool, look forward to seeing what you knit with it.

magsmcc said...

Gosh- pat from This Life seems to have stayed maybe there at much the same time! How funny! You both seem to have had a fabulous time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...