Wednesday 7 March 2012

Zentangles

As if I don't have enough to do in the way of hobbies, but I have seen some striking examples of Zentangles, so I thought I would like to have a go. These are my first two tries at some Zentangles.



Of course when you start something new, what do you need? That's right a book - so I bought one. This is a very thin book but has lots of basic zentangle designs in it, which I hope will kickstart me on the way.


Of course you can't just buy one book - well it would be lonely on its way to me! So I bought a companion for it - Traci Bautista's Doodles Unleashed. I really enjoyed Traci's recent workshop at Strathmore Online Artists so I bought her new book.


Now all I need are some more hours in the day - any suggestions on how to do that?

5 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'm thinking zentangles would be like pintarest - a hole from which I would never return! Glad you bought Traci's book. She's a sweethert.
Rinda

Unknown said...

Those look really good. I keep wondering about Zentangles, but haven't got around to exploring it properly yet. I love Traci's course as well, but didn't buy this book (It is on my list) I bought her other book, Collage Unleashed and am having great fun with it.

Lizzie said...

I'm not sure that I have really heard of "Zentangles" before... Is that "Zen-Tangles" or "Zent-Angles", please?
I thought those were just "Doodles", but hey, what did I know!
Whatever you call them, and whether they have rules or not, they look very good and great fun. Given my recent delight in printmaking, I've been looking out for possible "subjects" for more printing experiments. These interesting patterns could be a possiblity - definitely possible!

And funnily enough, I was looking at that Traci Bautista book only yesterday - now where did I see it for sale? Hmmm...

Looks like a lot of fun, Fiona - do post up your experiments for us to admire!

Lynette (NZ) said...

I want to try Zentangles too when other projects get finished up....let us know how the Traci book is. I loved the Strathmore course too...another thing on my list to finish!

Melissa said...

Of course the solution is to buy a book! LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one that understands that it's truly the only way to learn something new!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...