Tuesday 9 December 2008

Advent Day 9

Todays Poem - Christmas Bells by John Clare

The singing waits, a merry throng,
At early morn with simple skill,
Yet imitate the angel's song
And chant their Christmas ditty still;
And, mid the storm that dies and swells
By fits, in hummings softly steals
The music of the village bells,
Ringing round their merry peals.

Todays prompt by Shimelle was about Traditions. I like that my Christmas is a mixture of things that have always been and some things that are new. We have always hung up a stocking on Christmas Eve - that includes everyone, even the adults. Santa still puts an apple and an orange in the adults stocking - but not the boys!!!! Since we got married my husband always buys me a Poinsetta plant for Christmas. Some things - like doing this journal are newer traditions. I wonder what my children will remember as traditions and want to carry on when they are adults.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

It is interesting to wonder what our children will think. Even though we don't have children yet, I hope that things we do now will be carried on.

crazierinreallife said...

love that green paper

voodoo vixen said...

Lovely pages Fiona! I hope that our journals will become part of kids tradition, bringing them out to show their kids and theirs, looking through the pages and seeing how Christmas was through our eyes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...