Wednesday 9 December 2009

Catching Up

Well I have finally managed to start my Christmas Journal and just to prove it here are the photo for the first 4 days.


I am going for the simple look this year and using the jokes, facts and verses from the boys advent boxes.


Day 2 looked at the weather, so I used one of my crocheted snowflakes.


Christmas cards - I have still got to write mine. Have not made any this year at all!



The magic of Christmas!

Day 8 in the advent boxes:

Joke -Who hides in the bakery at Christmas?  A mince spy!
Fact - In Sweden, a common Christmas decoration is the Julbukk, a small figurine of a goat. It is usually make of straw. Scandinavian Christmas festivities feature a variety of straw decorations in the form of stars, angels, hearts and other shapes, as well as the Julbukk.
Bible Verse - Luke 1:8-20 The angel Gabriel is sent by God to announce the news to Zechariah - news so wonderful that the old priest cannot believe it.

Day 9
Joke - What do you sing at a snowman's birthday party? Freeze a jolly good fellow!
Fact - Telesphorus, the second Bishop of Rome (125-136AD) declared that public Church services should be held to celebrate "The Nativity of our Lord and Saviour". In 320 AD Pope Julius I and other religious leaders specified 25 December as the official date of the birth of Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think all of your pages look great. i am doing simple too...and i think it's the best way.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I have to admit - I'm a sucker for penguins! Love the numbers.
Rinda

Sian said...

I'm still loving the daft jokes! Keep 'em coming

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...