Sunday 8 January 2012

Doodles Unleashed Wk 1


Traci Bautista over at Strathmore Artists is holding a FREE workshop called Doodles Unleashed over the next four weeks. Well as it was free I just had to sign up for it, didn't I? I have just managed to finish week 1 project in time for week 2 going up tomorrow.

This is my first attempt at this sort of mixed media style and while I found it fun, I think I did find it a bit difficult to just 'let go' and probably tried to follow the video a bit too closely.  I think I shall probably try another one and see what happens.

First I used some glimmer mists over various things for stencils and then added lots of acrylic paints, a bit of a colour wash, then some layers of oil pastels, some ink and then used some markers.  Not sure if it is too busy or not.

4 comments:

Cherry said...

Great work. It is a definite challenge but your colours and your doodling are really effective. Roll on class 2 . Cherry X

janfoxdesigns said...

Very nice Fiona. I'm doing that class too as love Traci's work. I you feel you have too much on any page, GESSO is your friend {{wink}} Smiles Jan

Unknown said...

That looks great.

Flapsi Hapsi said...

Fab - love the colours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...