It has been a few months since I have posted anything under the title of 10 on the 10th but I thought I would today. Being in a bit of a reflective mood about moving and things that have happened over the last 12 years of our stay here in Stranraer I thought I would try a post about 10 things/places that have been in my life here in Stranraer and significant things in Church life over the last 12 years.
1. Friends - I have made some good friends here (I am not going to name them) and I hope that some, at least, will continue after I move.
2. My house here - I spoke more about that in my previous post - I have been privileged to live in a lovely big house for the last 12 years.
3. Babies and Toddlers Group - one of the first things I was involved in was the setting up of a Babies and Toddlers Group within the church. I am pleased to say that this group is still running and I hope will continue to run for many years.
4. Messy Church - this has been great fun and a real privilege to have been involved in setting it up.
5. I attended college here and got my HNC in Childcare and Education - this then led on to my studying with the OU and getting my degree.
6. The lovely countryside around us - especially Sandhead Beach (and tea room)!!
7. The Ryan Centre - sometimes in the early years it felt like we almost lived there - as the children had so many activities on there - swimming, gymnastics, athletics, cinema, soft play area.
8. Rephad School - the primary school where my children went to, I was involved with the PTA and now work in the Nursery there.
9. The ferry - Stranraer was a ferry town until late last year when Stena moved up the road to Cairnryan.
10. St Ninians church celebrated its 125th anniversary and we did many wonderful events that year - a pilgrimage to Whithorn (in awful weather), a flower festival.
I have many more memories of the last 12 years but these are just a few that came to mind.
You can see more posts on 10things on the 10th at Shimelle's blog here