Saturday 10 January 2015

One Little Word

I am gradually beginning to feel better and getting back into the swing of things, thankfully.

As it is the start of a new year there are always lots of new and exciting projects to get into (well to start at least).

One of my favourite is to choose a word for the year, this causes great hilarity in our family as we 'help' each other to choose words. I have done this for the past few years: my previous words being -

Positive, Calm, Focus, Achieve, Be, Embrace, and Srengthen/Grow

Last year I joined Ali Edwards One Little Word, but didn't get very far with it, so this year I decided to give it another go and to actually complete it this year.

By now I am sure you are wondering what my word is for 2015, my word this year is

BELIEVE


My word seemed to just find me this year, in lots of different ways. I was looking at  magazines and there was a stamp with the word on it, while tidying up my craft area I came across a word book of Believe, which has been waiting on me to decorate it for several years now.

I did a little mind mapping exercise on Believe and this is some of the things I came up with that I want to Believe in:


  • in my own abilities more
  • have more confidence in myself
  • in God more
  • in His timing
  • that I can be more joyful
  • that I can be fitter
  • that I can lose weight
  • that I can complete creative projects
I do not know fully where my journey with my word will take me this year, but I have such a strong and exciting feel about my word this year. I shall share my journey with you.


Have you chosen a word for 2015?





2 comments:

magsmcc said...

This is really very inspirational. Even though I just cannot fathom a word for myself. I wish I could but it just won't crystalise into one succinct thing. I do so wish it would!

Melissa said...

A great word! I pondered several words for this year, one of them was believe, but it didn't seem the timing was right for it. I do think it will be my word at some point though. Looking forward to sharing your journey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...