Monday 17 December 2012

A Pause in Advent 3

Another bit of poetry for you today, this time by William Arthur Ward.

Christmas

Christmas is more than a time of music, merriment and mirth;
It is a season of meditation, mangers and miracles.

Christmas is more than a time of gaiety, greenery and gifts;
It is a season of wonder, worship and wiseman.

Christmas is more than a time of tinsel, trees and toys;
It is a season of preparation, prayers and peace.

Christmas is more than a time of festivities, family and friends;
It is a season of generosity, gladness and gratitude.

Christmas is more than a time of carols, cards and candy;
It is a season of dedication, direction and decision.

Christmas is more than Santa, stockings and surprises
It is Christ, care and concern.

You can find more entries for a pause in advent over at Floss blog.

3 comments:

magsmcc said...

Oh Fiona- preparation and prayers. Peace. I'm reading you straight after Betty's Pause, and that is no coincidence, I think. I know what the message is for me this Pause!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Lovely.
Rinda

Kezzie said...

It is indeed! I'm so sorry I've somehow missed your pauses thus far, they are beautiful! I love the alliteration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...