Monday 28 May 2012

It's Official

It's official  we are on the move. Yesterday husband Gordon was voted in as the new Minister at Craiglockhart Church in Edinburgh. We will be moving from the west coast of Scotland over to the east coast and back to a city. It is 19 years since I last lived in a city, so I imagine it will take a bit of getting used to. We are hoping to move in July and be all sorted out ready for Andrew to start his new school in August. And of course we will be a lot closer to John who is going to St Andrews University in September. All change.

The bad news is that now I have to think about sorting and clearing out the house ready for the move. We have lived here for 12 years and it is a large house so you can imagine how much stuff we have gathered. Time for a good declutter I think.

It will be a bit of  sad time leaving people that we have shared worship and fellowship with over the past 12 years and the friend that we will be leaving - but there is always Facebook to keep in touch!!


4 comments:

Angela said...

One of the best pieces of advice I received when we moved churches [and I was lamenting the fact I had to leave my old friends] was this
"Just remember - different sheep, same Shepherd"

God bless you in the next few months with all the adjustments [and the practical decluttering etc!!!]

My word verification below is "called" - that sums it up, doesn't it?

Maria Ontiveros said...

Congratulations! And good luck on your move. I'm sure it will by nerve-wracking hard work, but well worth it.
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like an interesting new chapter in your lives is about to begin,Fiona.

Melissa said...

Sounds like it will be a busy & exciting summer with lots of changes. Many prayers for a smooth transition.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...