Thursday 3 May 2012

The Birthday Boy



 Bit belated with this blog post as I have been in bed most of the week with a sore throat, no voice and was full of the cold. The joys of starting to work in a Nursery with small children. Anyway last Friday was John's 18th birthday - I can't really believe that I am old enough to be the mother of an 18 year old - am I??
One auntie thought he still needed a Buzz Lightyear balloon and the other auntie took him out to the pub - welcome to the crazy mixed up world of adulthood John!



Andrew had decided he wanted to bake his cake, so who was I to argue - and it turned out super and tasted yummy!


You know how they say children are really only interested in the paper well that goes for 18 year olds as well - John really liked this wrapping paper and a photo of it is now on his Facebook Timeline!!

As I wasn't feeling too great I didn't take that many photos and have missed the usual ones of the birthday boy with parents etc - so might just have to get dressed up again sometime soon and take some more.

Tomorrow is his last day at Secondary School, he has three exams to go and then that is him finished until after the summer when he starts at St Andrew's University. Today he went to vote for the first time as well - a busy time for him.

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

OH my gosh - what an exciting time. I'm just a year away. My boy turned 17 yesterday and has one year left of high school. It goes so fast!
Rinda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...