Monday 19 March 2012

Pause for Lent Week 4

As I am sticking to the list as prepared by Floss for my reflections in A Pause for Lent this week's thoughts are on Diligence: Pursuit of Ethics. The dictionary definition for diligence is "constant and earnest effort to accomplish what is undertaken; persistent exertion of body or mind".


Do I always try to accomplish everything I do diligently? No I don't. I often start of with great intentions but easily and quickly fall by the wayside or let things slide. This can so often happen in matters of faith, I do fully intend to read and pray each day but ......., I do try to live my live in a manner that is pleasing to God but ...., I do intend to prepare for Sunday School, SU group fully and in advance but ....... There is often more buts in my life than diligence. 


Thankfully God is patient and forgiving. Hebrews 6 has these words



"God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.  We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised."
So my challenge to myself this week in Lent is to pick myself up again and continue in His way with diligence and to rely upon His Spirit to help me on my way.

2 comments:

Floss said...

That's a great resolution, Fiona. And your Bible verse is encouraging rather than condemning, which is so important - God is not looking out for every little thing we do wrong, but is delighting in the things we do right. Do you think that's right?

Thanks for your comment and your prayers.

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a nice reflection for today. My intention for this year is "Don't leave before the miracle happens" or "Don't give up before the change happens." It's all about sticking with it until the end are realizing that at the end of an effort is when the transformation takes place, I think.
Blessings to you,
Rinda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...