Sunday 19 June 2011

Blue

The first week's colour over at Summer of Colour was blue. I know I a bit late getting this finished and posted but it has been a very hectic week. Anyway here is a photo of my blue piggybank, brought all the way home from Amsterdam.


I have had this trinket box waiting to be decorated for quite some time, and as the room it is in is blue, I thought that it was time I decorated it.


So I did.


I painted it using various different colours of blue paint, then  added some beads for decoration. I am quite pleased with the effect, although I think I should have painted it first with some kind of primer or something as the brown colour showed through quite a lot at first.

Next week the colour is Green.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That is rather pretty.

Tracy said...

That is such a pretty colour blue. And such a cute piggy bank!

Mandy said...

oh..this is lovely..i'm sure it will be the holder of lots of wonderful goodies...xxx

Sandra said...

It looks lovely. I bet your really pleased with it.

Sandi McLean said...

I have adored delft blue since I was a small girl! Love your piece and your little box!

Kristin said...

What a great idea! It goes so well with the piggy bank - and that bold blue is just stunning. Love the beaded details too. Thank you so much for playing - looking forward to next week ;) xo

Maria Ontiveros said...

Very nice!
Rinda

Michelle said...

The perfect place to store your sapphires :)

Daniele Valois said...

NIce!!!

K J D said...

Love your piggy!

You've done a great job with your little trinket box, love the beads and I can't see ANY brown from here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...