Monday 11 June 2007

Watercolours

What a glorious day today - very very hot! I started to do some gardening this afternoon then decided it was really too hot so I stopped.

I had another workshop tonight, this time on stamping with watercolours. The first two cards I have done using a water-misting technique. After applying the colour to the stamp I then sprayed it lightly with water and then stamped onto watercolour paper.



This iris stamp has to be one of my all time favourite stamps, I bought it many many years ago, and have used it frequently in many different ways.



I did this last card by creating a wash using watercolour pencils, then tore the edges and inked them with chalk ink, the middle section is a word stamp done by water-misting, then when it was dry I stamped the small flower in the bottom right corner, also using water-misting, the flower in the top left was stamped separately onto watercolour paper then cut out and added on using a 3d foam pad.

1 comment:

Flapsi said...

These are lovely - you'll need to show me how!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...